HIGH RISK (EXTREMELY VULNERABLE) SHIELDING PATIENTS NOTICE
Here at The Lighthouse Group Practice we have been thinking of our shielding patients and hoping that you are staying safe and well.
This has been a challenging time for us all and the current advice is to continue to stay safe and shield for protection by staying in and away from others until 30th June. This date may of course change as the situation is monitored by the Government.
We would like to remind you that if you are experiencing difficulties obtaining shopping or collection of medication there is help available through the HIVE on 023 92 616 709 or their website https://hiveportsmouth.org.uk This is led by Portsmouth City Council.
The Government is also supporting those at highest clinical risk. Please register on their website https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable to register your current situation, even if you do not need additional support right now. If you have already registered you do not need to do so again. There is also a dedicated helpline 0800 028 8327.
Please remember the surgery is open and we are here to take your calls.
We have had to temporarily close our Devonshire Avenue surgery, due to Staff shortages. Patients will continue to be seen at our Carlisle Road surgery.
Covid-19 and Practice services update
IF YOU ARE FEELING UNWELL WITH SORE THROAT, CONTINUOUS COUGH, FEVER ABOVE 37.8 DEGREES CELSIUS, YOU SHOULD STAY AT HOME, SELF ISOLATE AND IF REQUIRED CONTACT NHS111 USING THEIR ONLINE TOOL. https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19
Please do not call the surgery or NHS 111 regarding coronavirus unless you need help with your symptoms.
To protect yourself and others DO NOT come to the surgery, go to a pharmacy or to the hospital
If a member of your household has been told to self-isolate for 7 days due to a cough, high temperature or other virus symptoms, you must also self-isolate for 14 days. This is because it may take longer than 7 days before symptoms develop.
If you are self-isolating you will need an isolation note from NHS online. Sick notes (Med3) will not be issued for self isolation or social distancing - "After 7 days, it is for the employer to determine any evidence they require, if any, from their employee. This does not need to be a fit note (MED3) issued by a GP or any other doctor."
Follow this link for further information https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note/
If you have been sent a letter from NHS England because you are in a high risk group and should be ‘shielded’ then these letters will be your proof to employers etc. of any restrictions being placed on you due to your underlying health conditions. We will not be accepting requests for any other letters to be produced for employers etc
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR PARENTS - COVID-19 and children under 16 years old
It is important to recognise that COVID-19 is not making children particularly unwell, please do not assume that all febrile episodes are due to COVID-19. It is vital that you still look out for signs of severe/acute illness if your child has a fever. For further information, please follow this link: https://what0-18.nhs.uk/parentscarers/worried-your-child-unwell/fever-high-temperature
We also recommend that parents seek information from the Healthier Together website www.what0-18.nhs.uk (from which, you can also download the app).
We have temporarily suspended our online appointment booking facility. This is to protect patients and staff from COVID19 (Coronavirus). To contact the practice, use eConsult, or telephone us on 023 9285 1199.
- ONLY URGENT / ESSENTIAL APPOINTMENTS WILL CONTINUE TO BE AVAILABLE.
- ALL GP APPOINTMENT REQUESTS WILL BE TRIAGED BY TELEPHONE BEFORE ANY DECISION CAN BE MADE REGARDING ATTENDING THE SURGERY
- ALL NON ESSENTIAL / ROUTINE REVIEW APPOINTMENTS WILL BE POSTPONED UNTIL A LATER DATE IF THEY CANNOT BE COMPLETED BY PHONE
- DO NOT BRING URINE/FAECAL/SPUTUM/SKIN/NAIL SAMPLES TO THE PRACTICE UNLESS WE ASK YOU TO DO SO
- DO contact us to discuss child immunisations due, B12, Prostap, Denosumab, contraceptive injection,
- You should not attend the surgery unless you have an appointment. (This is to minimise the risk of virus transmission to patients and staff)
- You should not bring an escort unless absolutely necessary. (This is to minimise the risk of virus transmission to patients and staff)
- Private medical requests will only be accepted for key workers as identified by the Government. Other requests will be considered case by case
Remember: STAY AT HOME, PROTECT THE NHS, SAVE LIVES.
Welcome to The Lighthouse Group Practice Practice
CHANGES TO PRESCRIPTIONS:
To help protect patients and our staff by reducing the need for patients to visit our Practices to request prescriptions, we have changed our prescription request process. You can request medication in the following ways:
- Online Services (If you are not signed up call us on 023 9285 1199 between 2pm and 5pm)
- Airmid app (recommended), download to your mobile ‘phone & available through Online Services (If you are not signed up call us on 023 9285 1199 between 2pm and 5pm)
- Via your local pharmacy
Please make sure you have a nominated pharmacy for us to send your prescription to. You can nominate a pharmacy by calling us or by letting your local pharmacy know that you wish to sign up for electronic prescribing. In the absence of a nominated pharmacy, we will register you with the pharmacy closest to your address.
PAPER REQUESTS MUST BE A LAST RESORT AS COVID 19 CAN SURVIVE UP TO 72 HRS ON A SURFACE. PRESCRIPTIONS ARE NOT COLLECTIBLE FROM THE SURGERY
Register for Online Services
Our practice now offers a wide range of services through our website, register to gain access to:
- Online Appointment Booking
- Repeat Prescription Ordering
- View Your Medical Record
To register, please ask at reception or call us on 023 9285 1199