Important Practice services updates, changes and announcements
We have temporarily suspended our online appointment booking facility. This is to protect patients and staff from COVID19 (Coronavirus). To contact the practice, use eConsult, or telephone us on 023 9285 1199.
- Only urgent and essential appointments will continue to be available
- ALL appointment requests will be triaged by a clinician by telephone before any decision can be made regarding attending the surgery
- ALL non-essential and routine review appointments be postponed until a later date unless they can be completed bt telephone triage
- Cervical screening, baby vaccinations, B12, Prostap, Denosumab, contraceptive injections, ECGs, essential blood tests, dressings and blood pressure tests remain available
- DO NOT bring urine/faecal/skin/nail samples to the Practice unless we ask you to do so
- You should not attend the surgery unless you have an appointment. (This is to minimise the risk of virus transmission to patients and staff)
- You should not bring an escort unless absolutely necessary. (This is to minimise the risk of virus transmission to patients and staff)
- You should NOT attend your appointment if you have developed symptoms of COVID-19 Symptom checker
- Patients that attend for face-to-face appointments will be seen by a clinician wearing full PPE. Areas are cleaned in between appointments. This means that face-to-face appointment capacity is reduced. An example of this is our phlebotomy service which is usually a 5 minute appointment is now 10 minutes. We have limited capacity in the waiting room as we promote social distancing
- We kindly ask that all patients attending the surgery wear a face mask in line with government guidance
- Private medical requests will only be accepted for key workers as identified by the Government. Other requests will be considered case by case
CHANGES TO PRESCRIPTIONS:
To help protect patients and our staff by reducing the need for patients to visit our Practices to request prescriptions, we have changed our prescription request process. You can request medication in the following ways:
- SystmOnline service If you are not signed up call us on 023 9285 1199 between 2pm and 5pm. Registration is easy, all you will need is an email address and to answer some security questions to confirm your ID
- AIRMID App (recommended), click to download to your mobile phone. Airmid allows you to coordinate your care across the NHS, from requesting medication, to booking appointments and video consultations, plus much more. Registration is simple; self register using the NHS Login service. Existing SystmOnline users can register using their existing username and password
- NHS App download to your mobile phone
- Via your local pharmacy
PRESCRIPTIONS ARE NOT COLLECTABLE FROM THE SURGERY
All prescriptions are now sent electronically to your pharmacist. Please make sure you have a nominated pharmacy for us to send your prescription to. You can do this by calling us or by letting your local pharmacy know that you wish to sign up for electronic prescribing from them. In the absence of a nominated pharmacy, we will register you with the on closest to your address.
PAPER REQUESTS MUST BE A LAST RESORT AS COVID 19 CAN SURVIVE UP TO 72 HRS ON A SURFACE.
*** PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS ***
Unfortunately, as from 31 JULY 20 you will no longer be able to request your prescription by telephone through our Care Navigation team
Telephone requests will only be accepted from HIGH RISK SHIELDING PATIENTS.
However, you can still request your medication
- through your regular chemist by telephone or in person
- by posting your request through our Practice letterbox
- by post
- via SystmOnline service
- Airmid & NHS Login app (recommended) click here to register
If would like to sign up for online services, please call us on 023 9285 1199. Registration is easy, you will only need an email address and to answer some security questions to identify you.
If you have any queries about your prescription or medication, please telephone between 10am and 4pm and choose Option 2 to discuss with one of our team members.